Recommendation for dive hotel/resort grand cayman

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ministryofgiraffes

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
Anything other than sunset house please :) need a reco for 3 days for 2 people. Needs to have a diveshop onsite ideally. Tnx!

Lighthouse Point, Colbalt Coast, Morritts and Ocean Frontiers on East End. Why rule Sunset House out? New guy at the helm, new boats and some great deals while the renovations are ongoing.

Do you want to be on/near the Seven Mile Beach?

If not, take a look at the Grand Caymanian (Holiday Inn) with Dive Tech as the onsite dive op. I've never stayed there but we visited the property during our recent trip to GC and it looked nice.

Sunset out because it’s booked for our dates in May :) we are Landing on the wed and getting on the aggressor on the Sat, so something simple with Thursday/Friday and possibly sat am diving to get us all lubed up before we get on the boat. I’d like a night dive on the Thursday too.

Does sandy beach matter? Onsite shore diving? Proximity to Georgetown/7 Mile Beach? How important is budget control?

Richard.
I’d also say close to 7 mile, but I’ll take a look at cobalt. Don’t care about sandy beach that much and on-site shore diving would be ideal I.E. Sunset, but I don’t think there are many others unless I’m mistaken.. wouldn’t likely go East just to to the hassle of getting back for the boat etc. Thanks all.

Cobalt Coast has shore diving as long as it's not blown out, and I think your odds of nice conditions in May are pretty good. Lighthouse Point also has onsite shore diving, IIRC on the expensive side unless you're sharing with another couple. Coconut Bay condos also has shore diving, but are also larger units than you probably want.

It sounds like Cobalt Coast would work for you. It's north of 7MB but in West Bay (it is up near Hell) and so it's not too far from 7MB and George Town, will you be renting a car? They have onsite shore diving and an onsite dive op and an all-inclusive meal option.

Lighthouse Point also has onsite shore diving and an onsite dive shop and it is a little closer to 7MB and GT but you would still do well to rent a car.

When we went on the Cayman Aggressor we stayed at the Comfort Suites in the 7MB area. It was nice and breakfast was included. It was easy to walk to restaurants or take a cab. There is a pool and a small beach but no shore diving. You could arrange dives with any dive shop in the 7MB area, but Ambassador Divers is the op that is associated with the hotel.

Check out Lighthouse Point. I agree about the hassle of getting out East for a couple of days. The night dive shouldn’t be an issue anywhere. Divetech has an awesome reputation.

Check out Lighthouse Point. I agree about the hassle of getting out East for a couple of days. The night dive shouldn’t be an issue anywhere. Divetech has an awesome reputation.

Thanks, I’m a little wary of them not having a pool, just to float in at the end of the day more than anything, but it’s not a dealbreaker. Any idea of rough $ per night for a room? Their ‘starts from’ rates on their site are very ambiguous. Either way, I’ve pinged them. We may opt for the grand cayman, forget about the shore dives as divetech are also situated there, or pickup from there etc...but I imagine most pickup from most places.. as long as there is a dock. I’m just lazy and don’t want to haul gear/Nauticam/strobes etc.etc.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom