Recommendation for a focusing light

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hatul

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I'm looking for recommendation for a focusing/spotter light to attach to my Flex Arm Ikelike AF35 strobe.

I looked at the Fantasea Nano light with the 2 AAA batteries but consider it too small. Looking for something with more energy and a wide beam and that will attach to the FlexArm.

Adam

Adam;

There's a couple of lights that would work for you;

The new Fantasea LED 360 Light; similar to the older LED 44, it's about as bright as the Nano (3 watt) but has a much broader beam. It now also has the blink on/off feature during exposure and a deeper depth rating, as well as an emergency flash mode.

One of the best new focus lights I've seen is the Big Blue 1x5. Aluminum body, magnetic switch, blink on/off feature, wide beam without hotspot. Really nice build quality, a bit long though. Problem is that is only comes with a ball mount, not sure that would work for you. I do have a mount that would work on a "hotshoe" type mount on the housing.

Jack

Adam;

There's a couple of lights that would work for you;

The new Fantasea LED 360 Light; similar to the older LED 44, it's about as bright as the Nano (3 watt) but has a much broader beam. It now also has the blink on/off feature during exposure and a deeper depth rating, as well as an emergency flash mode.

One of the best new focus lights I've seen is the Big Blue 1x5. Aluminum body, magnetic switch, blink on/off feature, wide beam without hotspot. Really nice build quality, a bit long though. Problem is that is only comes with a ball mount, not sure that would work for you. I do have a mount that would work on a "hotshoe" type mount on the housing.

Jack

Thank you. I think the Fantasea 360 is what I'm looking for. 4 AA cells sounds just right for a dive light. I ordered one from your storefront.

The other one you mentioned, the Big Blue, has a bullet shape that would make it difficult to attach to the FlexArm, and the Fantasea Nano has only 2 AAA cells, much too anemic.

Adam

Back
Top Bottom