Recommendation Dive shop and diving in Cancun and one in PDC

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

lnicolep

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
My husband and I are headed to Mexico in a couple of weeks. We will be staying in Cancun for the first half of the trip and in PDC for the second half of the trip. We do not get to dive often so when we go we try to get in 4 dives per day. We want to find a shop that is not a "cattle car" and one that doesn't do timed dives so we are not cut short by air guzzlers. We have been researching and are considering the Blue Dream for PCD and Squalo Divers for Cancun. Please let me know if you have experience with these guys or if you have someone else to recommend and why. We are planning to dive with the Bull Sharks and do one day in the Cenotes while we are there too.

Thank you in advance for any advice on the above! When you need to put money down beforehand you want to make sure that it is the right place, so you are not stuck with a shop you do not like.

My favourite shop in PDC is a small boutique operation "Beyond Diving". It is run by Erik Rosenstein who goes out of his way to make his customers feel like family. My sons and I have dived with Erik three times now and I am going back for some cenote dives and a bull shark dive in a little over a week. Erik and his wife Sandra always welcome us and his rental gear is the best I have seen in Mexico.

I suppose choosing a dive shop to dive with is a very personal decision. So, you will probably get a ton of suggestions.

I have been in PDC since Dec. 1 and will be here until Jan. 29 and I have been diving with Mexico Blue Dream since I got here. I really like the shop and staff and they are very friendly, welcoming and safety conscious.

Sincerely,
David

Back
Top Bottom