Recommend famous dive sites in Europe

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

korean

Reaction score
Hi, this is from the south korea.

I'm going to travel to europe at the end of this august, plan to visit several countries.

The duration will be about 15 days, I may visit only max. 3 sites so I prefer to dive in the representative sites in europe.
Site in Spain, Greece, Itlay is better.

Please let me know about
1. the name of country and region
2. how to get there
3. the fare (Rental fee, accommodations, etc)
4. web site which offer these information

Any information will be so helpful to arrange my itinerary.
Thanks.....:D :wink:

One of the best places to dive in Spain is Illes Medes in L'Estartit , this is located in the Costa Brava, 130 km north from Barcelona that has an International airport.
This is a Natural Park with a very nice dives with groupers, gorgonias, caves... very interesting becouse fish is very close to the divers.
In August is higth season, it means that is full of people, if you plan to came you must make the reservations soon.
Usually in august ,water is clean with a visivility arround 20/25 meters ant temperatrure of the water about 21ºC.
If you want more information you can visit our website www.josepclotas.com you can see some photos from Illes Medes and Costa Brava, links to dive center (Rey del mar) and more informations that can be usefully for you.

Best regards from Spain

Josep & Gemma

Hi,

By the time you read this you might be just back from your trip...
Anyway, just a note to agree with Gemma's suggestion that you try the Medes islands. There is a good article on our website. And, if you did visit, be sure to drop a comment!

Best,

Damian

Go to Croatia if you want some good Mediterranean diving. I did some diving in a little town called Vodice on the west coast. The town is charming and relaxing. The viz was good. There is a WW2 wreck (deep though - 50 meters), caves, and many more fish than I expected. I heard that Spain has no fish. A dive shop owner in Spain told me this.
How about Korean diving? I have a plan to go to Chejudo in the summer of 2003. Now I teach English in China to Korean students.

I fully agree with Gemma and Damian reference L' Estartit and the Medas Isles if it's scenic cavern and cave diving in warm water that youy are after, but if it,s wreck diving then you would be hard pressed to beat Scapa Flow off the north coast or Scotland. It is the European Equivalent of Truk Lagoon.:)
Aquamore

IF you're comfortable in cold water
and
IF you own a drysuit, or are familiar with use of same,
I'd recommend Scapa Flow, Orkney Islands, Scotland.
Great diving on the remains of the World War I German high-seas fleet.

Do a search on Scapa Flow and you can find websites of the many outfits that run charters in the area.

I have a video from Scapa Flow. Haven't been there, but it looks great

30 Meters Deep with visability that's best measured in inches.

You need a torch at 15 Meters (and a sonar at 30).

It' COLD, and there's a "fun" surge, often when it's supposed to be slack tide, that's great for bouncing the careless against the rocks.

It's a great place to train, 'cause if you can survive this, you'll survive pretty much anything.

Are we having fun yet ?
:)

Dave.

Do you have any recommendations of dive sites on the west coast of Ireland? I'm going to be there in February and am hoping to get wet.

Thanks,
Lisa

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom