Recommend dive shop on Koh Tao!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Manne

New
Reaction score
As there are too many dive shops to choose from on Koh Tao in Thailand...which one is a good one? Any recommendations from independent divers?

Manne.

If you don't mind splurging a bit, try staying and diving with Koh Nang Yuan Dive resort.

http://www.nangyuan.com/

It's across the channel from Koh Tao, and you get to stay on your own little private group of islands (3) connected by sand strips.

The dive operator is laid back and reliable, and they offer good dive packages. I think it was $10 per dive for >10 dives, and make sure you book the accommodations through the dive shop, it's a lot cheaper (we didn't know this and ended up paying full price for the accommodations, $50 per night in an AC room).

Have a good trip!

J.

Manne:
As there are too many dive shops to choose from on Koh Tao in Thailand...which one is a good one? Any recommendations from independent divers?

Manne.

Hi Manne

Weather wise it is actualy the low season on the East Coast of Thailand at this time of year. However since the tsunami they have been very bussy out there due to the press giving the public the impression that Phuket was destroyed.

I would recommend that you check out Big Blue Divers and hope that you enjoy your "Thailand Diving Adventure."

Hi

I went to Koh Tao and wow, I was so surprised by how many dive schools there were on such a small island. You will have choices. I picked Aquademia Dive to do Advanced OW and was really glad I did. They helped me out with my accommodation and made me feel comfortable because I'd just done OW and was nervous. I don't know their contacts but they have a website and theif shop is in town near Cafe del Sol.

Manne:

Manne.

Hello Manne,

I have just spent 2 months at a dive shop on Koh Tao called Aquademia. I went from Advance Open Water to Dive Master with them and enjoyed every second of it. The staff are incredibly friendly and welcoming. compared to some dive shops on Koh Tao Aquademia is fairly small, i found this makes their courses far more adaptable to personal needs. also groups are kept small. Email me if you want more info!
their website is www.aquademiadive.com

rich :)

I would have to 3rd that recommendation about Aquademia, I had my own dive master for a week and a half (ARI) and had a great experience with them. If you go there tell them Marcos says hi.

jedah:
If you don't mind splurging a bit, try staying and diving with Koh Nang Yuan Dive resort.

http://www.nangyuan.com/

It's across the channel from Koh Tao, and you get to stay on your own little private group of islands (3) connected by sand strips.

The dive operator is laid back and reliable, and they offer good dive packages. I think it was $10 per dive for >10 dives, and make sure you book the accommodations through the dive shop, it's a lot cheaper (we didn't know this and ended up paying full price for the accommodations, $50 per night in an AC room).

Have a good trip!

J.

KNY is a FANTASTIC resort - three pinaccles rise out of the water with a sandy stretch between them that you can cross at low tide.

what an awesome place Koh Nang Yuan is, absolutely enjoyed it while I was there, my only complain were there aren't that much of night activity and the same for Koh Tao too, of course this was 4 years ago.

My recommendation is anything small. There are a number of huge operations on the island which should be fine if you want to share a boat with 50 OW students. No matter how big the boat, that's too many bodies. Of course those boats will still be visiting the same dive sites as your smaller op but at least your shop can use their discretion when they choose where to go.

I recommend Scuba Juction, a mid-size dive operation that is very organized and friendly.

Back
Top Bottom