Recommend computer to replace N2ition?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Firefyter

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
Like the title says, I'm looking to replace my N2ition. As everyone with a Seiko computer knows, if you run Win7 64 bit, you are screwed when it comes to ever using that $150 clothespin again. I cannot understand why Seiko would be so obtuse as to not fix this issue, but that horse has already been beaten to death on another thread.......

Anyway, I'm looking for recommendations to replace it. I'm looking for a reliable 2 gas computer, not AI, preferrably one that I can use a DSS mount with. I don't need a lot of bells and whistles, but I do need it to be a fairly large readout. It also needs to be downloadable to a system running Win7 64 bit. I don't really want to spend my entire diving budget on this, either.

I already have a Suunto Gekko that's hacked to download, but I'm trying to get away from that algorithm. I loved reliability of the computer, but I got tired of spending deco stops to clear my computer while all my friends had cleared several minutes ahead of me.

Recommendations?

The Oceanic OC1 has multi algorithms; however is wrist mounted, has AI integration and is costly.

May I ask why you are in such a hurry to get out with your friends????? Diving is a relaxing sport. The more time I can spend in the water the better. I see a lot more during safety/deep stops. The Suunto Gekko/Zoop are very good DC’s, they might be a bit more conservative than others. If this is a big issue to you, learn to dive around 10ft shallower that your friends.

Hope this helps.

May I ask why you are in such a hurry to get out with your friends????? Diving is a relaxing sport.

First, diving is a team or buddy sport. Staying together is sort of the foundation of that concept.

Secondly, his friends have a distinct head start with the ice cold beers...:wink:

Agreed, so why don't the team stick together. What's a minute or 2 between friends. :wink:

Staying longer in the water will make those beers even colder!! :drunks:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom