Recommend a Good Dive Resort

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

T. Brooks

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I'm going to be in Manila for a few days in May and am looking for a recommendation for a good dive resort in or around Anilao. Any help would be great. Thanks.

Tony

I am looking for something comfortable but not too upscale. A pool / jacuzzi would be a definate asset. I was looking at Anilao Outrigger which had Twin Sharing rooms for P2730.00 per person. Perhaps someone could comment on this resort. This seemed like a reasonable price for me. Most important would be access to a dive centre / shop. Preferably on site, or within easy walking distance.

Thanks much.

I think what Mikey's trying to say is it would be appreciated to answer his question as the main objective of your post instead of just plugging yourself. Mr. Brooks question is that he is "looking for a recommendation for a good dive resort in or around Anilao." The forum etiquette is to answer his question and then add a little "if you need any help, I run a dive operator that can help you find what you're looking for..." or something to that effect.

Here's an example post I would have put up if I were you:

I highly recommended Aquaventure. That's where I began my diving. The weekends can get pretty crowded (especially now) and I have to admit that I'm not sure what visitors would think about the busy atmosphere (although the atmosphere is very jovial). But the rates are competitive with the other dive resorts.

The other resorts I recommend looking at are: Planet Dive, Balai Resort, Club Ocellaris, Solana, Crystal Blue, Arthur's Place, Eagle Point, Mayumi, [insert other Anilao resort here]. I am unsure if Planet Dive or Club Ocellaris have a pool and jacuzzi but they are nice resorts. Each place has something to offer you and it really depends and what you are looking for - price range, # of divers, what kind of accomodations, ac or fan, (essentially what jigs mentioned). Hopefully this list will help you out.

If you need any help, I run a dive operator that can help you find what you're looking for and I can try get good rates for you. Just send me a PM.

Hope that helps and I hope you find what you're looking for

This way, your plug is somewhat negated by the useful post. And it's always good to refer to what others said (like what I did with jigs) since it shows that you are attentive to the thread and value what others in the community have to say.

Hope that helps, welcome to internet foruming.

I spent too much time explaining that because I have nothing better to do.

ei no problem Charlie. Internet foruming is chalk full of etiquette and it takes a certain amount of lurking and observing to catch on. When I first started I used to revive 2 year old threads! Everyone begins somewhere.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom