Recommend a dive centre somewhere in the Montpellier - Marseille area?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ic0n

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
I'm staying near Avignon in a few weeks but I can sneak away for a couple of days to do some diving. Montpellier and Marseille are roughly equidistant. There are a few dive centres along that stretch of coast, but is there a more 'interesting' bit? And has anyone got any specific recommendations?

Much obliged.

Well, in my own experience, coast close to Montpellier is not that great because of poor visibility. I woud advise Marseille or Cassis (next to it) : Riou, le Grand Congloué, les Impériaux, les calanques etc...

I haven't been around for years, but a friend of mine been diving with this outlet and seems very satisfied with it :

Accueil – Cassis Calanques Plongée

And if you're a wine enthusiast, try the Cassis wines, whites are marvellous, but red ones are really amazing, much more difficult to find though.

Ah, thanks I hadn't spotted that - it's a bit further east than I was looking. They mention the Cosquer cave which I only heard about a few weeks ago.

Yeah, Henri Cosquer was the original owner of the facility, but he's been retired for years now. As far as the cave is concerned, the original underwater entrance has been blocked, following fatalities and a hole has been bored in the cliff, but anyway the public is not allowed there.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom