Recomendations for on-line visa application

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The Aggressor Know Before You Go page on their Red Sea site says within 12 months.

I used blue o2 and had no such requirement for diving. They had the standard padi form asking about health history, which I have seen many places. IF you check any of the yes boxes in that form then you need physician release.

They were pretty stringent about dive accident insurance coverage. In general I think the dive ops that are requiring medical release for ALL divers are just trying to avoid you checking a yes "box" on medical history, requiring a release, and not having it.

I used blue o2 and had no such requirement for diving. They had the standard padi form asking about health history, which I have seen many places. IF you check any of the yes boxes in that form then you need physician release.

They were pretty stringent about dive accident insurance coverage. In general I think the dive ops that are requiring medical release for ALL divers are just trying to avoid you checking a yes "box" on medical history, requiring a release, and not having it.

I second all of this. I leave for a trip in 3 weeks, and have been emailing the liveaboard operator. No release form is needed if you fill the medical form out indicating you have no issues. That is for this liveaboard operator, yours might be different as noted previously. Safe thing to do is email them, I find them very responsive. And bring a copy of that communication with you just in case.

And as rayaslin said, they emphasize that you must have dive accident insurance coverage.

I second all of this.
And as rayaslin said, they emphasize that you must have dive accident insurance coverage.

I'll third this. I was on the M/V Tala towards the end of November. I just needed to fill out the usual waiver. They asked if i had any dive accident insurance, which i did (DAN). They copied the info and that was it.

***Edit***
You're also missing out on a pretty cool sticker for your passport going the E-Visa route. Hope you were able to get the website worked out!

I've gotten an acknowledgment from them that they received the funds and the visa is being processed. This is the only Aggressor boat I've been on which asked anything at all about my health background, so I have to assume it is the government driving it, not the company, unless it is a franchise boat making up their own policies.

(Upon re-reading the Aggressor page, I see that I was in error regarding the required signature.
The history form is required, but the signature is only needed if you check any of the boxes. I'm old enough that I just assumed everybody has something to check off.)

Back
Top Bottom