Reco for Oahu Padi 5 Star Center for OW Class for newbie

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hi! I need a GREAT reco for a Padi 5 Star Center in Oahu for a beginner Open Water Class. Not just the checkout dives but the pool work too. e-learning completed ahead of time. (Staying up near Ko Olina but know they will have to drive to Waikiki for this)

Can you please help? Thank you!

HeatherDiver ~
There are a few good dive operations on Oahu where you can complete your PADI OW Diver Course. I always strongly recommend Island Diver Hawaii and Honolulu Scuba Company. They are sister operations that teach with both PADI and SSI systems. My wife and I have personally completed 15 PADI courses with them including all base courses from Open Water Diver to Divemaster and we've been satisfied every time.
~ Christopher

No reason to get hung up on finding a 5-star shop, that’s more of a marketing thing than a rating. There is no such thing as 1-4 star. There are criteria for a shop to get the designation, one of which is that they can only do PADI and can’t offer training from other agencies. It doesn’t mean you will necessarily get a better instructor or class.

Reactions: CCS
do yourself a favor....get on your computer and do some actual research.....look at some reviews....you will find that pricing varies here.... you have a few dive operations that have no real amenities, not all shops here are PADI not all shops here operate with same view on safety....99.9% of all recommendations here will be biased one way or another.... always impressed when the academics are completed ahead of time thats a good start....make sure they look over the medical questionnaire carefully, and if they have any yes's they should get the medical clearance from their doctor now and include it with their paperwork....as for understanding the PADI rating system here is a link, which explains the so called rating system.....if you are looking for PADI then make sure you work that out with the dive operation cause not all are PADI.
The Different PADI Dive Centers: Regular, 5-Star & More - AquaViews

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom