Recent Trips to Turquoise Bay?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Brodydog

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Has anyone here been to Turquoise Bay Resort recently? I read they’ve started brining people in from outside the resort to use their beach area. Did this affect your stay? I’m thinking most of them would hopefully be gone by the time I’m finished up with my third dive for the day.

Also, who has stayed in a hillside room? Are those far away from everything and is it a pain (many stairs) to get to?

They bring in cruisers. It doesn't happen every day, but when it happens, it's a couple of bus-fulls so the beach gets crowded. We tend to stick to the pool deck, or take kayaks or paddleboards out to the mangroves, so it didn't affect us. YMMV and all that.

They bring in cruisers. It doesn't happen every day, but when it happens, it's a couple of bus-fulls so the beach gets crowded. We tend to stick to the pool deck, or take kayaks or paddleboards out to the mangroves, so it didn't affect us. YMMV and all that.

Thanks. Good to know it isn’t every day and it mostly affects the beach area, especially since I already went ahead and booked with them.

It also depends on cruise ships coming. If your trip is soon, you may be safe.

My wife (non diver) and myself (diver) where there for a week – Jan 2019. My wife likes dive resorts because most folks are doing 3 dives a day and leaving the resort a quiet place for her during the day. The cruise folks came usually at least 2 bus full and 3 times during our stay. They were set up to the right side of the beach away from the pool and restaurant area but still could use the pool which some did and usually noisy. Music loud enough you could hear it throughout the resort. When the cruise folks were there, we had to order off the menu for lunch which was limited compared to the food we saw then taking to the cruise folks. I finally asked about this and was told we could have eaten with them. The deal breaker for me was after returning from the afternoon dive, I went to the bar to get my wife a frozen drink who was at the pool. Told all the blenders were at the beach so we would have to wait. Granted things could have gotten a lot better since Jan 2019.

Hillside rooms aren't bad. Maybe even quieter than the lower rooms. 48 steps and they are short steps so easy enough. We were there in 2017 and planned to go back sooner, but life and other trips got in the way.

One of the things I liked the most was how quiet and uncrowded the resort was. It's a small resort 2 busloads of cruisers would definitely change that feel. I'm not a beach person, but loud, rowdy, drunk people are not my idea of a good time.

We will be there next month and I'll post a report

Safe travels,
Jay

I'm not a beach person, but loud, rowdy, drunk people are not my idea of a good time.

We will be there next month and I'll post a report

Same here with the loud rowdy crowd. Awaiting your feedback after your trip. Have fun!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom