recent trip with Lost Island Voyages

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mechanical31

Registered
Reaction score
I went with Lost Island Voyages for a liveaboard on March 16th. This is not so much a trip report as an opinion. I loved the fact that there were only 12 passengers on the boat. We had plenty of room to move around and 2 people to a small cabin was just fine. The food was excellent as well as the diving, but what impressed me the most was the captains' and the crew's can do attitude and experience. I talked with the captain (Ray) and told him the things I would like to do and he made it all happen while still keeping all the passengers happy. He was very outgoing and gladly explained the operation of the boat and instruments. He was awesome at avoiding any possible upsetting weather conditions and putting us great diving all week. He chose routes that allowed us to deep sea fish and we caught several tune as well as Mahi mahi. He was definitely a hands on boat Captain. The dive master was very good at explaining the different dive sites and what we could expect as well as keeping an eye out for us and giving us a talking to when needed. The cook, well what can you say except we wanted for nothing and if you were hungry it was surely your own fault. All in all it was a very inexpensive dive trip and even though I have never dove with blackbeards, for the difference in cost I will stick with the fewer passengers every time. I look forward to diving with Captain Ray and crew (hopefully very soon) and it was an awesome first liveaboard experience.

Back
Top Bottom