Recent trip to Khao Lak

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Tasmas

Registered
Reaction score
I've just come back from 2 glorious weeks in Khao Lak. We dived on Liveaboard Mariner One with Sea Dragon Dive Center. It was fantastic. The Divemasters and the crew could not do enough for you, and the diving was great. The reefs in the Similans are beautiful, and the array of fish etc mindblowing. Manta at Koh Bon, but the surge was scary! Anyone wanting to dive the Similans soon should be aware that they are about to close the parks to divers (end of season). So check before you go. Sea Dragon appeared to be the only dive center open in Khao Lak town, and considering its end of season they were fairly busy. We also dived Boonsung Wreck which was very good although the visibility was 2metres or so in places, lots of fish there. I'd definately go back. If you're thinking of going to Thailand then please consider Khao Lak, the people are wonderful, food unbelievable and diving superb.

It has been nearly 3 years since I have been there but I enjoyed my trip with Sea Dragon. Very professional outfit.
I am heading back to Thailand in 2 weeks but won't get out to the Similans this time. I suppose Khoa Lak is pretty quiet once the dive ops shut down.
Last time there they were repaving the road after the tsunami and we got sticky wet tar covering our feet. I guess the building continues there.
There were very nice people and I will go back there some day.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom