Recent problems

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

sapphire

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Any ideas when the recent problems with the Photo Gallery will be resolved? Or is it just me that can't see half the pictures :)?

Should we not upload any more photos for a while until it resolves?

This last little snafu was the cause. I think it's worked out now, I'm seeing all the photos. Anytime it doesn't appear to be working, Just wait until it is before you upload any more.

for example, when I click on "Member Galleries" from the main screen, I see this:

"Can't Find the Web Site 69.93.91.170gallery
500 Unknown Host
The site may no longer exist or it may have moved.
Double-check for any misspellings, punctuation errors, or extra spaces.
If these suggestions do not work, try restarting your computer. "

I did my typical delete cookies and temporary files, reboot, re-login, but this is what I see.

While I can see many of the pictures, especially the newer ones (yay), I still cannot see some of the older ones that seem to have fallen in a black hole...

sapphire:
for example, when I click on "Member Galleries" from the main screen, I see this:

"Can't Find the Web Site 69.93.91.170gallery
500 Unknown Host
The site may no longer exist or it may have moved.
Double-check for any misspellings, punctuation errors, or extra spaces.
If these suggestions do not work, try restarting your computer. "

I did my typical delete cookies and temporary files, reboot, re-login, but this is what I see.

While I can see many of the pictures, especially the newer ones (yay), I still cannot see some of the older ones that seem to have fallen in a black hole...

Just about tore the computer apart before I realized it was not at my end.

The Photo Gallery is still not 100%, for me anyway. It seems that links to earlier photos are still gone. The newer ones are working OK. So many just show as a blank box with the file path... :frown2:

This is a residual effect of our latest DNS changes. As the domain propegates back to your ISP you will regain full photo gallery abilities, the data and photos themselves are very much functional and look great for those of us viewing the site on it's native server. At worst this issue should be gone for you tomorrow (assuming you reboot before then).

Im gettin the same problems and it extends to all other jpegs on any other site once the issue kicks in (ie I cant see photos on the BBC site for example once it occurs here), however by using the Windows task manager and shuttin down Explorer then refiring up Explorer.exe it seems to work for a while (until it kicks in again and i cant see and jpegs or gif's, I couldnt even see the 'post new reply' logo) I wasnt sure what was up for a while but Im quite sure its this site that the problem is originating form, mind you when i can access the photos they are well worth the effort....
Thankfully aeroplanes dont rely on PC's and Windows

Cheers
C

I'm not certain what to tell you, a few other people have had issues with the photos but our site can't change your local settings (browser security prevents us from even trying). All I can suggest is to change your browser preferances back to "Default" and see if that resolves your problem. Also be sure you are visiting ScubaBoard via www.scubaboard.com and not our IP address.

Ok cheers i was going thru the http://69.93.91.170
via the www.scubaboard seems better... now the question is how did I end up bookmarkin merely the IP number in first place ?
Thanks once again as the photos all seem to work via the 'correct address'

For a few days we were redirecting traffic through our IP... odds are you added the bookmark during this period.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom