Recent experience with Silent Submersion! Stellar Customer service!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

fdarden

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
First of all, I have owned My Silent Submersion Minnus 1.5 since the early part of of this year. All total it has over 100 dives on it. I have thoroughly enjoyed diving with the scooter. I have never been able to drain the battery, it just keeps going and going all day. Its fast, pulls me in doubles and stage bottles against current, and has pulled me through thick and thin. I depend on this scooter, and it has never let me down.

We had just returned from several days of diving in the Keys, and upon arriving home, I plugged my scooter in to charge as i always do after diving. This time however, something was different. It was as if the charger did not recognize the scooter! Oh no! I had a dive in two days, and the planned dive would not be possible without the scooter. Fortunately, I live about two hours from Silent Submersion's facility. I emailed their support, and asked if it would be ok for me to bring the scooter up, and explained my tight diving schedule. I really did not expect a response right away, but I figured I would at least give it a shot. I figured even if I got a response, I would most likely have to drop it off and wait to find out what the problem was. Boy, was I surprised! I woke up the next morning (a Saturday) at the crack of dawn, and had an email from Rodney at Silent Submersion. He told me to bring the scooter and the charger on up, and he would have a look at it while I waited! I put both in the car, and headed up to the scooter hospital! Upon arrival, Rodney immediately diagnosed my problem as my charger, and replaced it under warranty. Long story short, I had zero downtime on my scooter, and was able to make all of my dives successfully with the scooter. Thanks again for the excellent customer service. It is a great feeling of confidence after making a large investment in this type of thing, that the manufacturer will jump at the chance to help you out. It certainly helps that I live close by to the manufacturing facility, but Rodney and Susie stopped what they were doing to help me that morning, and even made some upgrades to my scooter while I had it there. The personal attention was much appreciated, and its very obvious that they care about their product, and their customers. My only advice - Beware of the turkeys! (real!y!) I love my Minnus 1.5 and would recommend their scooters to anyone that wants what I think is the best DPV on the market, with stellar customer support. While I was there I decided to buy an extra charger to save any future panic stricken runs! Its service after the sale that matters, and Silent Submersion gets an A+ in my book!

p.s. - I warned you about the turkeys!
photo.jpg

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom