Recall info

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Always Breath:
Does anyone know of a site that may have a list of recall related to SCUBA gear?
You should get in touch with the manufacturer of said piece of gear if you have any concerns like recalls, that is, if the LDS can't help you out for whatever reason.
Dan.

Always Breath:
Does anyone know of a site that may have a list of recall related to SCUBA gear?

Now that's a good idea. Maybe DEMA has this info on their site..... Don't know cause I've been staring at my computer too long to go look.......

I am looking for a source other than the manufacturer. Manufacturers are sometimes slow when it comes to announcing recalls.

Always Breath:
I am looking for a source other than the manufacturer. Manufacturers are sometimes slow when it comes to announcing recalls.

I'm a bit confused by this remark....Most recalls are initiated by a manufacturer. You may be asking about recalls "forced" on a manufacturer by a government agency....If so, I think you'll find these types of recalls to be few and far between....

If you look at the page Mark listed, you'll find that many (I didn't look at all of the pages, so I can't say 'all') of the recalls are manufacturer announced recalls, some of which were reported to the consumer product safety commission.

scubasean:
I'm a bit confused by this remark....Most recalls are initiated by a manufacturer. You may be asking about recalls "forced" on a manufacturer by a government agency....If so, I think you'll find these types of recalls to be few and far between....

If you look at the page Mark listed, you'll find that many (I didn't look at all of the pages, so I can't say 'all') of the recalls are manufacturer announced recalls, some of which were reported to the consumer product safety commission.

What I should have asked, if there is there a forum on scubaboard or some other message board. Where people report problems that they may encounter with a model or specific brand. I couldn't find anything on the sites fellow board members were nice enough to send me

Back
Top Bottom