Rec-passed; looking for other GUE-trained divers in Chicago area

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The Laconic

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I just got my GUE-F rec pass from Fred Devos this week (yay). Rather than write one of those long Fundies reports, I'll break my experience down as follows:
  • Day 1: Anticipation.
  • Day 2: I suck.
  • Day 3: Oh well, this is fun anyway.
  • Day 4: I am a god of the deep.

Now I'm looking for other GUE-trained divers in the Chicago area, for team diving fun, and so that my newly-acquired skills and mindset don't fall apart. There must be some--I've met at least one on the RV Aquatica.

In the area, I ordinarily dive Haigh Quarry and with Jim Gentile @ Windy City Divers. But I'm up for anything, and almost any time (I don't at all mind taking a day off to go to HQ during the week, for example).

PM me (The Laconic) if you want to get in touch.

PS Yes, I know this is sort of an FAQ, and I know about the sticky listing DIR divers, and have added myself there.

Contact Mer, she just ran a class at DRIS.

That was actually my first course of action. Haven't heard back yet, but she seems to be on sort of a training tour, so maybe she's busy.

Congratulations on passing Fundies! Fred Devos is a great instructor!

I'll reach out to a few friends in your area, but a good plan is to grow your own GUE buddies & team :wink:.

Congratulations on passing Fundies! Fred Devos is a great instructor!

I'll reach out to a few friends in your area, but a good plan is to grow your own GUE buddies & team :wink:.

That is a fantastic idea, but more of a longer-term plan I think... :)

---------- Post added August 10th, 2015 at 07:16 AM ----------

Congrats on the rec pass!!! I've taken a few gue` classes myself and know the 3 other local gue trained divers that I can introduce you to. Shoot me a PM with your contact info and we'll figure out some time to do some diving.

Dan

PM sent...

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom