Rebuilt Aquamatic

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Double Diver

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
Well I took my rebuilt 1957 patent pending Aquamatic to the pool about an hour ago, and it works! As a mater of fact it works really well, I can probably tweak it some but it's not bad in any position. The new 21st century parts made a huge difference in it's breath-ability. It now has a new silicon compound diaphragm and exhaust valve a new silicon LP seat and a slightly used 1st stage diaphragm from a Titan. My only concern it the way they join the exhaust cover to the main body. If the rubber ring ever goes it won't be pretty. But on a 15-25' reef it might be fun.

I also wanted to say that I used one of Herman's assembly tools to put in the screen and clip. What a breeze, the tool works great!

Last edited:
Well, we may need to talk a bit more. My Aquamatic is a terrible breather, but then again it has only original parts. I took it into the pool, but didn't even want to take it into the deep end :wink:

SeaRat

Well, we may need to talk a bit more. My Aquamatic is a terrible breather, but then again it has only original parts. I took it into the pool, but didn't even want to take it into the deep end :wink:

SeaRat

I will PM you with my contact info. And if I get a chance on Monday I will post so photos of the new diaphragm.

Well I took my rebuilt 1957 patent pending Aquamatic to the pool about an hour ago, and it works! As a mater of fact it works really well, I can probably tweak it some but it's not bad in any position. The new 21st century parts made a huge difference in it's breath-ability. It now has a new silicon compound diaphragm and exhaust valve a new silicon LP seat and a slightly used 1st stage diaphragm from a Titan. My only concern it the way they join the exhaust cover to the main body. If the rubber ring ever goes it won't be pretty. But on a 15-25' reef it might be fun.

I also wanted to say that I used one of Herman's assembly tools to put in the screen and clip. What a breeze, the tool works great!

I was wondering if you had a chance to use it. Now if others will just buy a few of them. Tell all your friends :)
Do post some photos of the reg- dissambled would be great. That is one reg I have not had a chance to play with.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom