Rebuilding Titan First Stage...Stuck and need help

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

BigRed96

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Good Day All, like the title says I am in the middle of a rebuild on a Titan and it was going great till I started sorting and identifying the new outings. My issue is trying to figure out which three are lp port o rings and which one is the crown o ring. Here is a picture to show my issue.
The only way I can see figuring this out is using a micrometer and figuring out which is the thickest. Any words of wisdom?

What does your reg look like? Possible you don't need that one.

Tried a micrometer and they all come out around 1.55 mm.

It's subtle, but you can always eyeball the difference between the crown ring and the others.
But your picture sure doesn't show an obvious visible difference. Maybe #4 on the right?
So...Was the kit sealed? Do you have another kit? Factory mistake? Somebody harvested the crown ring?
Since the crown oring is static, you can probably reuse the existing one from the reg, if you're careful in removing the crown.

I think I have it figured out. I think I was confusing the 7/16 hp port prong with the crown oring. I compared the the one I think is the crown oring to another Titan kit I have and it is smaller than the H.P. oring from that kit. I bought these kits new from Vintage Double Hose. I now think I have 4 lp oring sand no hp. Here is two pictures with the oring I believe to be the crown oring on the crown oring silhouette and the hp oring silhouette.

Looks good.
You can substitute a 2-011 duro 90 oring for your missing HP oring. Any nearby shop will give you one for free.
And reuse your HP oring in the meantime, of course.

Thanks everyone for the replies. I have the regulator back together and soon will be testing it at 500 and 3000 psi. Once again I really do appreciate the fast replies. This site is awesome.

Yes, they look similar/same. In the kits I get the crown O ring is bagged separately with the seat, I'm assuming for easy identification. IIRC the crown O ring is marked with a small white ring on it. I'm guessing the only difference is duro as they sure "look" the same as the port O rings. I'm curious now and will investigate my stash. Congrats on getting it sorted, good luck with the test dive.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom