Rebreather in Commercial Diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

(And as for the Topaz diver, his bailout was discarded at the stage, and when later recovered it was empty, but had not been secured, but most readings of the incident would indicate that it had been pretty much used up. No, I’ve never heard of a diver not making it back on bailout either, but I would suggest this has more to do with the regulations on bailout gas volumes, maintenance of the Sat system, and good training and practices on the job. Remember, the rebreathers used commercially also heat the gas, and undersuits with some calculable heat retention is usually mandatory, making the 3 mins back to the bell doeable. As for a runoff parting umbilicals and the length of time before recovery- we’ll, I wouldn’t get too hung up on that, as the chances of all the individual issues lining up like that again is a lottery winning statistic!)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom