Rebreather Friendly Liveaboard in the Galapagos Islands. August 22th to 29th, 2011

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jorge.a.mahauad

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
Hi there,

Well the title of the thread says it all. We are organizing our first rebreather friendly liveaboard open to independent CCR divers here in the Galapagos Islands.

As you all know, the Galapagos Islands are a world famous hotspot for encounters with marine mega fauna. The highlights usually are big schools of hammer head and Galapagos sharks. Giant Manta Rays, Silky, White Tip and Whale Sharks are highly probable sightings as well. Other probable encounters are Orcas and bottle nose dolphins.

I think the close encounters possible with a rebreather are a great opportunity for underwater imaging, naturalist oriented observers and enthusiasts seeking intimate experiences with marine wildlife.

Dates are August 22th to 29th 2011 and the boat of choice is the Humboldt Explorer. We can accommodate up to 8 rebreather divers on this boat. The other 8 spaces will be used by Open Circuit divers.

If you find this interesting please follow this link. It will take you to my blog where the expedition, price, etc. are explained with more detail.

If you have any questions regarding the trip please do not hesitate to contact me here, send a PM, use the contact information in the post.

Dive safe,
Jorge

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom