Really unreliable lately?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

codecruncher

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
The past two nights (8/1 and 8/2) I've had 4 or 5 hours where scubaboard.com is just completely unavailable, yet tons of other stuff on the net is just fine.

And just now I had a scenario where the site was dead, but when I tried again, it suddenly was here.

Feels like some sort of load balancer or something is haywire? Sometimes you get lucky and sometimes you get routed to the dead server or something where a resource is maxed out?

Anyone else notice this?

Sometimes you can ping the site but you can't ping the site on port 80. I guess they're working on the web server or the server is saturated with connections. Or maybe Ralph Cloud is eating the bits.

We are in the process of our second major move in about 4 months. The Planet has made a mess of our Cyber Home for the last few months. The Good News? We have purchased our own servers and will be locating them in our own rack in an Orlando Data Center. So be patient, as our pain should end within about 10 days as we bring ScubaBoard back to it's full glory, including our beloved photo forum.

I wish I could promise a gradual improvement, but I am sure it will get worse before it gets better. :(

hang in there, we appreciate all the work this takes.

It must be a funny feeling...all these people hooked on this 'thing" you own.

I love it when is down, I get stuff done.

We applaud you for all your hard work and really appreciate what you do. Those of us who deal with computers for a living know your pain.

NetDoc:
We are in the process of our second major move in about 4 months. The Planet has made a mess of our Cyber Home for the last few months. The Good News? We have purchased our own servers and will be locating them in our own rack in an Orlando Data Center. So be patient, as our pain should end within about 10 days as we bring ScubaBoard back to it's full glory, including our beloved photo forum.

I wish I could promise a gradual improvement, but I am sure it will get worse before it gets better. :(

We're not going anywhere, Pete. Best of luck with the new setup and I look forward to posting in the Gallery when it is up and running.

---Bob

catherine96821:
hang in there, we appreciate all the work this takes.

It must be a funny feeling...all these people hooked on this 'thing" you own.

I love it when is down, I get stuff done.
Thanks Catherine... However the real success in ScubaBoard lies in the realization that while I may own the "URL" and am the primary trustee for our site, I DON'T own the community. That truly belongs to us all. I try to stay responsive to the needs of you and the rest of the netizens that inhabit our community.

I was having problems going into "New Posts" for a few days. And sometimes it was unavailable....aha! But I have a new computer...so I went to tools and reset the browser to standard settings and "POOF", it works fine again. Sorry NetDoc, for all the names I called you while I was having all the problems and cussing my computer...:D

NetDoc:

Hey good luck guys!

And know we apreciate the effort!!!!

MasterGoa

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom