Real Quick Back Plate Question...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

TexasMike

Contributor
Reaction score
If a SS backplate is 6lbs on dry land, does this mean it will be equivelent to 6lbs of weight on my belt?

No... because the SS is less dense than the lead....
But the difference because of the relative *buoyancy* of the SS is so small you won't notice it....

For real quick back plates (the ones you asked the question about) the theory of relativity is used and we find that for the back plates in question (the really quick ones), their weight is actually a metric butt tonne. As for NORMAL backplates, factoring in the Pug factor :tease: already mentioned, you would find that it will give you only 5.95 lbs of weight. That ounce could be really critical when diving bungeed wings.

Originally posted by NetDoc
For real quick back plates (the ones you asked the question about) the theory of relativity is used and we find that for the back plates in question (the really quick ones), their weight is actually a metric butt tonne. As for NORMAL backplates, factoring in the Pug factor :tease: already mentioned, you would find that it will give you only 5.95 lbs of weight. That ounce could be really critical when diving bungeed wings.
LOL!!:p

So what ever the weight of the plate, I can remove off of my belt, right?

...I thought you were asking a trick question!!!

Yes, that is exactly what you get to do...
Take the 6#s off the belt pronto....
And now you have a (more) balanced rig :D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom