Real Great Lakes Diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

SwimJim

Contributor
Reaction score
For all you guys who seem to hang out in quarries the Real Great Lakes are ready. The bottom temps are 35 or better now so its time to do some real diving. See you out there.

Jim

Hey Jim,

What wreck are these photos of?

Respectfully,

JustDiveIt

Yeah, yeah, yeah. Know what you mean but the quarries are a good place to get the dust out of one's ears and to test out the gear.

So what wreck(s) are the pictures from?

Paula

SwimJim:
For all you guys who seem to hang out in quarries the Real Great Lakes are ready. The bottom temps are 35 or better now so its time to do some real diving. See you out there.

Jim

Frankly, I am sick of quarries of myself.

I have a few charters already scheduled. And Rec and Tec Charters is only an hour and half from me. I am waiting to finish my Normoxic Tri-mix to hit the wrecks that I really want to hit this year.

But, the quarries keep my skills sharpened! :)

Hopefully, I will see you out there sometime this summer.

I know the wreck in the one pic,That seems to be a side wheep=paddle wheel of the "Niagra" located off LakeChurch,Belgium , Wisconsin,I have seen that before.Man SwimJim nice pics,bet vis is not as good after the blows we have had!
I have the dive ladder close to done,did a bit of changes due to metal and cost's! But by next weekend it will be done I hope! \
Hope to see you top side or down 55' you will have to give me a full tour of the site one day,I will pop for air!
Brad

SwimJim:

Jim

Going to dive some wrecks in Lake Erie in August. Maybe, will be able to get a weekend or two of Eirie diving in before then, too.

Would love to dive Lake Michigan sometime soon!!

Randy

Both photo's are from the wreck of the Niagara off Belgium Wisconsin. They were taken about three weeks ago. Nikonos II with 17mm lense by the way if anyones interested.

Jim

I know the wreck in the one pic,That seems to be a side wheep=paddle wheel of the "Niagra" located off LakeChurch,Belgium , Wisconsin,I have seen that before.Man SwimJim nice pics,bet vis is not as good after the blows we have had!
I have the dive ladder close to done,did a bit of changes due to metal and cost's! But by next weekend it will be done I hope! \
Hope to see you top side or down 55' you will have to give me a full tour of the site one day,I will pop for air!
Brad

I'll be happy to give you the grand tour Brad. As the Niagara is so spread out it takes a few dives to really see it all. Heck, I've been diving it for years and I'm still finding new stuff. Let me know when you get that ladder done. I'd like to shoot over and give 'er a look. I'll help you test it out too, heh, heh. :eyebrow:

jim

Heres a couple more just for grins. The figurehead is from the Northerner which is a nice two masted schooner that sits in 130 fow off Port Washington Wisconsin. The boilers are from the wreck of the Niagara. Are we ready to dive yet??? :D

Jim

Jim,

Who runs charters to these sites? I've only made it as far north as Milwaukee so far - but would love to try other sites w/in reasonable driving distance.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom