Ready To Go Again

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

phillo

New
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Hi Folks,

I enjoyed diving for a few years in the early 1970's.
I'm considering transition to retirement, where I'll get the time to enjoy the sport again. I'm interested in new diving tech that's available and have heaps to learn. I'm equally interested in old diving gear and memorabilia, as I saw and admired a lot of it when I was younger.

I started diving when I was 15. An older relative gave me a Siebe Gorman Cousteau Gagnan Essgee Mistral reg, steel tank and a weight belt. I wish I'd kept that reg, it was a beautiful piece of work. The hoses were perished and I updated them after a couple of years to US Divers Royal Aquamaster hoses. Very basic training in those days; a few trips the city baths and an ocean dive and 'off you go'

I've got some historical questions to ask, but I'm also interested in searching the forums for info.

Cheers,

Phil

howdy and welcome from south Florida USA.....

I was on a boat a decade ago in the Gulf of Mexico out of Destin, Florida with a group of "vintage" divers. They used all the old stuff. They are (or at least were) at vintagedoublehose.com. From Cincinnati, I believe. Bryan Pennington was in charge I think. You may find out lots about the old stuff from them.

Back
Top Bottom