Reading Lenses

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

RocketMan

Contributor
Reaction score
Has anyone used the DiveOptx stick on reading lenses in their mask? If so how did they work for you?

RocketMan:
Has anyone used the DiveOptx stick on reading lenses in their mask? If so how did they work for you?
Yup. Easy to apply, and they work great. I've just ordered a second pair for a backup mask.

I think they are better than the glass, glue-in reader disks I've bought in dive shops, because their semicircular shape makes for better near viewing and no interference with distance viewing, and they can be removed (they don't use glue).

I was a little afraid they'd float away if I flood the mask, but no worries.

RocketMan:

If they are the ones I use ( forgot the name ) absolutely super.

When you put them in, be sure to let them set for 24 hours.

I had my mask off many times in the water and never lost one.

Put defog on the lens and wash it with water. Lens are still there.

I say get them.

JRScuba:
If they are the ones I use ( forgot the name ) absolutely super.

When you put them in, be sure to let them set for 24 hours.

I had my mask off many times in the water and never lost one.

Put defog on the lens and wash it with water. Lens are still there.

I say get them.

I'll second that opinion. I've needed them for about two years and they are a real life saver. Leaving them set up proper is very important. Mine seemed to fog funny when they were new, but that went away after ten dives or so. Now its like they are a part of the mask.

Jim

Hey guys,

Thanks for the feedback. I placed an order today. Maybe now I'll be able to read my gauges.

Harry

RocketMan:
Hey guys,

Thanks for the feedback. I placed an order today. Maybe now I'll be able to read my gauges.

Harry

Might be a good idea to order 2. keep a set in your
save a dive kit. :wink:

My DiveOptx lenses came yesterday. They work great (at least out of the water). Can't wait to try them in the water, but I'll have to wait till the 22nd.

RocketMan:
My DiveOptx lenses came yesterday. They work great (at least out of the water). Can't wait to try them in the water, but I'll have to wait till the 22nd.

Uhh !!! Yeah!!! In the water sounds about right.

Make sure you let them set for at least 24hrs. No touchy or feelly

In what way are they reusable?
Do you just soak them off?
Do they then stick OK into another mask?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom