Reading It Changed The Way...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Erik Il Rosso

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
...I look at U/W pics now...

Yes, I have just finished reading "Jim Church's Essential..." and I noticed that I am looking at pics with a different "Eye" now...

A must have book for beginners like me, absolutely reccomended...

Can't wait to reading it another 3 or 4 times to learn even more...

Ciao Erik Il Rosso

Erik Il Rosso:
...I look at U/W pics now...

Yes, I have just finished reading "Jim Church's Essential..." and I noticed that I am looking at pics with a different "Eye" now...

Ciao Erik Il Rosso

Love this book with one exception (and I used to tell Jim this as well)... It is solely responsible for all those idiotic images with a diver pointing a light/torch at a reef or fish in bright blue water. I so hate those images.

Otherwise simply a great text and a must have for every underwater photography.

R.I.P. Jim

M

P.S. The other book every UW Photographer should own is John Shaw's Nature Photography Field Guide. It is not an UW photography book but it covers alot of ground you absolutely should know in an easy to read format.

I gotta get this book! Alcina raves about it too. Jim Church died recently, I think.
I will check Amazon.

Yup, love Jim's book (and I agree with the torch thing)! Loved Jim. A great loss (though not so recent).

And make that 300-400 more times. I'll often just pick it up and flip through it...maybe not read it but just remind myself or trigger something.

Erik Il Rosso:

Ciao Erik Il Rosso

It's a very good book. I need to go back and read it again.
Luke

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom