Question Read Watched Threads

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

BoltSnap

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
How can I set the display of the watched thread to display ONLY the "unread" watched threads and for the ones that were read not to appear (when I click on the "Watched Threads" menu option) please?

This used to be the default prior to the upgrade but now all watched threads are always there, read or unread.

Sort of, yes. You can use Filter settings in the New Posts view.

1644021283788.png

Just did and it is showing threads that I didn't mark to watch nor participated in or any other reason to show in this dashboard.
I think that it is showing the "unread threads" in the watched Forums, not the "watched threads"

Hmmm, it is working for me. Other than showing threads with unread post in Bold and read threads not in bold, what is the Watched threads view lacking? I use this link to start ScubaBoard most of the time.

Hmmm, it is working for me. Other than showing threads with unread post in Bold and read threads not in bold, what is the Watched threads view lacking? I use this link to start ScubaBoard most of the time.

The "Watched threads view" shows the "watched" threads "read" and "unread" making it very long and cluttered. In the older version of the SB software, when all of the watched threads were "read" nothing shows up in the dashboard. When there are "unread" threads, ONLY the "unread" show up nothing else.

The "Watched threads view" shows the "watched" threads "read" and "unread" making it very long and cluttered.

True, but the most recent ones should be sorted to the top and the unread are in bold. Here is an example of what I see. The one that is not bold at the top is your thread that I am answering right now.

1644088984289.png

Can you get by with this? I actually prefer it. I often think of something later to add a thread of interest.

The problem is that some of the "unread" get cluttered and mixed with the "read" if I don't read them immediately. The dashboard doesn't have a sorting function so that the unread stay at the top and the read below the unread. Sometimes the unread that has been sitting "unread" for a while gets pushed to the following pages after many "read" threads above it.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom