Rea Sea Wreck Diving liveaboard recommendations

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Illini_Fan

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Hello - I'm looking to book a liveaboard for Sept/Oct 2020 focused on the Red Sea Wrecks. Based upon other advice on this forum, I started with the Blue O Two boats and the Emperor boats.

I've landed on three potential options at this point and would love and feedback / input from the group.

In no particular order:
Emperor Superior - Get Wrecked itinerary (17OCT20 departure from Hurghada)
Blue Adventurer - Best of Wrecks (16Oct20 departure from Hurghada)

I also saw a 3rd option when looking at PadiTravel's site:
Independence II - Brothers / Best of North Wrecks (01OCT20 departure from Port Ghalib). This one seems to be more of a reef and wrecks itinerary.

thanks

tom

I haven’t done a dedicated Red Sea wreck trip, but have done quite a few liveaboards in the area (I am going back in a few weeks for a wrecks and reef trip)

The first two options you mentioned will be very similar. I have dived with Blueotwo several times and found them good. I haven’t been on Blue Adventurer, but I have friends who have and they seemed happy with the boat - although it is the smallest in the fleet. I haven’t dived with Emperor for years, but have always heard good feedback. I would happily go with either.

The best Red Sea wreck diving I have done was with Tornado Marine Fleet and that was just down to the experience and knowledge of the dive guide on the boat - every briefing was like a full history lesson about the wreck - made it a really interesting trip.

I did a Brothers and the North route with Blueotwo a couple of years ago. I thought this was a great route and took in some of the best sites in the Red Sea with a real mix of diving. We spent two days at the Brothers before heading north. I would guess with the current restrictions at the Brothers you would only get one day of diving there. We only dived a few wrecks in the north, so if you want to just stick to wrecks maybe not the best option. Due to weather conditions we had a pretty rough over night trip from the Brothers heading north.

Back
Top Bottom