Suggestion Re-direct new posts to the appropriate forum???

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

OP
highdesert

highdesert

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Greetings folks -

First, thank you for everyone's work on a really great site ... best single source for dive info in the world, as far as I know.

It seems to me that recently more and more new members are using the "Basic Scuba Discussion" forum as a catch-all for many questions that are better suited to a different forum. Probably the biggest single group is inquiries about diving in different areas, questions more suited to "Travel & Dive Clubs", though there are others as well. Is there a need for a note at the top of the BSD forum to steer people towards other forums, or at least away from BSD, for these questions better suited for other places?

Thanks!

Think we do have something like that allready.

Basic Scuba Discussions Have a Scuba related question? Get a Scuba related answer here.
Please note: This forum has special rules. This forum is intended to be a very friendly, "flame free zone" where divers of any skill level may ask questions about basic scuba topics without fear of being accosted. Please show respect and courtesy at all times. Remember that the inquirer is looking for answers that they can understand. This is a learning zone and consequently, any off-topic or overly harsh responses will be removed.

Greetings folks -

First, thank you for everyone's work on a really great site ... best single source for dive info in the world, as far as I know.

It seems to me that recently more and more new members are using the "Basic Scuba Discussion" forum as a catch-all for many questions that are better suited to a different forum. Probably the biggest single group is inquiries about diving in different areas, questions more suited to "Travel & Dive Clubs", though there are others as well. Is there a need for a note at the top of the BSD forum to steer people towards other forums, or at least away from BSD, for these questions better suited for other places?

Thanks!

If you find a post in ANY forum that you feel is out of place, or better suited to another forum, please press
report.gif
and add a brief description of the problem. That will help the staff more quickly assess what moves, if any, are necessary.

that note doesn't really redirect people as suggested, but lots of people won't read notes anyway and will post in less than ideal places no matter what anyone tries to do. I think the best thing is just if you see a thread that's obviously in the wrong place, hit report on the first post and suggest a better place.

that note doesn't really redirect people as suggested, but lots of people won't read notes anyway and will post in less than ideal places no matter what anyone tries to do. I think the best thing is just if you see a thread that's obviously in the wrong place, hit report on the first post and suggest a better place.

Yep,and that's why we are here.:D

Back
Top Bottom