Raymarine R17 Software Can Get Us To Our Dive Spots

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Jessica Anderson

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Raymarine has released their R17 software (just got the email today so now considering upgrading to a Raymarine)...
The software upgrade comes with 3 cool features with the Navionics chart, all of which are really cool for diving.
1. AutoRouting: you can choose a spot to dive and it comes up with a route to get you there, even through channels and tight spots
this is the video that described it. I thought it was pretty helpful:
2. SonarChart Live: you can update your chart in real time using the data being collected by your transducer! (how cool is that!?) Also a video available that I thought was really helpful to understand the feature:
3. Advanced Map Options: you can choose how you want the Navionics chart to look updating the color of shallow areas, changing contour density, etc.
This is the link I got in the email which has all the info. Raymarine software update delivers Navionics advanced features | Navionics
I'm definitely considering the Raymarine + Navionics combo now because of these feature.
Has anyone else upgraded to the R17 software?

Back
Top Bottom