Raw Replacement Camera

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DannyNY

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Hi everyone,
I'm wondering if there is a camera that fits into the DC600 housing that shoots RAW files. I LOVE the DC600 but since I bought it, I have gotten more into Photoshop and would like more flexibility to edit my pictures. I thought I heard or read once that the Sealife cameras are actually produced by Sony. Is there an option here that fits in the DC600 housing?
Thanks in advance for any help on this one :coffee:

Danny

Hello Danny,

First thanks for the praise on the DC600. Our cameras are not made by Sony so finding a camera that will fit inside let alone have RAW capabilities will be impossible. Our cameras are made to spec for us by the worlds leading consumer electronics manufacturer.

Sorry but the 600 would be the only replacement for the housing.

Joe

Hi Joe,

Thanks for that FAST reply.
Well, as I said, I am totally happy with the camera...
Kinda disappointed with the answer :crying:

Thanks again :cool3:

Incidentally, your Sealife camera DOES shoot RAW... it is just converted to JPEG by the image processor. This is common in point & shoots. There are hacks available for Canon A series cameras that allow them to save RAW, but Canon has a much larger customer base than Sealife does (since SCUBA is a small niche).

Shooting RAW would be a great feature to add to the next generation of Sealife cameras, and the firmware work wouldn't be that tricky to do. (HINT)

Here's a third for adding RAW capability. I'm not sure it would help have help much on earlier
versions (like my 600) because of the limitations of supported card sizes, but with the new
cameras supporting SDHC adding an option to save as RAW would be fantastic!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom