RAW photo clean up

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jlwest63

Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
I am very new to the underwater photo thing.
I took several underwater RAW photos last weekend and need some help. Can anyone give me some basic steps on what to adjust and how much to make the color pop?

I have photoshop and hte underwater action but I am looking for a little better then that and since they are RAW I think there are more adjustments I can make and get them looking good.

Thanks.

I do my RAW adjustments in ACR or Lightroom. You can download a trial version of Lightroom at adobe.com - it's fabulous.

Once in my RAW converter I set my white balance and tweak the exposure, highlights, shadows - whatever needs a little tweak gets it. I will also tweak the contrast etc if necessary. Almost everything that needs doing is now done in Lightroom.

As for "how much" and exactly "what" - that will depend on:
1) each individual image
2) your tastes
3) your desired output/audience
4) your goals for the shot

For me, having a play around is the best way to get close to something I like.

I don't use the underwater action as it's too generic and limiting. If you are going to play in Photoshop, try out the curves and various sliders.

Just downloaded the Lightroom trial...pretty cool!

seems like it's a program somewhere between Elements and full-blown Photoshop.

I've messed around with a couple of pics and really like what I see for color correction. I think I'd still use photoshop for stuff other than color adjustments, healing, burning, croping, ect., maybe just because I'm used to the software, but I'm getting better color with Lightroom.

thankx,
Kristen!!!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom