Rave review and a request for help...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

doctormike

ScubaBoard Supporter
Staff member
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
Hi, Everybody...!

Sorry about the cross post, but I wasn't sure if this would be better here or in the regional North Carolina forum...

Our dive club (the NY Sea Gypsies) just got back from a week's diving with Olympus Dive Center in Morehead City, North Carolina. We had a FANTASTIC time with them, Captain Mike Gerken and the crew of the Midnight Express brought us to some amazing dive sites, and took great care to ensure our comfort and safety. I can recommend them without hesitation, and I will be going back.

Unfortunately, as we were packing up the van to drive back to New York after our last dive on Saturday (5/28/11), my underwater photography equipment was stolen. It happened very quickly, around 4:30 in the afternoon. We were rinsing gear and taking turns heading back to the bunkhouse in shifts to shower, but someone must have been watching us and walked off with the gear as soon as they got the chance, in a brief instant when the picnic table was not being directly observed.

The equipment was a Canon 7D DSLR (serial #0970601694) in a Nauticam housing (serial #A006001), with a Tokina 60 mm macro lens in a flat port, an Inon S2000 strobe and a Mangrove VC-4L6 video light.

SO, the reason that I am posting this here is on the off chance that anyone runs into any gear that sounds like this for sale, or if anyone has any information that might hold a clue, I would really appreciate hearing from you.

I am offering a $1500 reward for the working equipment set, and $200 for the memory card with the images intact … I only lost the last day's images, but those were some of my best! :(

I have been working with the police, who have contacted the regional pawn shops, etc.. I have been watching Craigslist and eBay. Also, the owner of Olympus Dive Center (Bobby Purifoy), and the charter / sales manager (Nema Triplett) have been fantastic, running down leads, keeping me posted, and circulating this information to their own local contacts, etc…

:)

Safe diving, and thanks for reading this…!

Mike

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom