Raul at Bottom time does it again

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

loudives

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
Another great 10 days of diving in Cozumel. Was there Nov.12-22 and had one day canceled due to rough seas. Weather was great high 70's to low 80's with low humidity. Water temp 78. Dove with Raul of Bottomtimedivers.net again. 2 other couples we have met several times before were also there for the first few days. Great diving with them again as we all have about the same manner of diving and air consumption. Made new friends at the Regency Club (Sabor, formally Windham, formally Reef Club) and convinced them to try diving with Raul. Great people from Kansas city. After diving had some very pleasant afternoons with my new friends.
Raul with his slow pace and ability to find things others don't, made this trip exceptional. On one dive he found a sea horse wrapped around a small branch, after we took pics and swam away another group was coming on the same path we had taken, and their divemaster swam right over the horse without seeing it. That group kept going, past us by and missed 9 yes 9 black tip sharks that were circling the top of the reef about at 45'. Raul was always looking up on that dive because he had seen 4 sharks in that area 4 days earlier. After the sharks were out of sight we descended back to 70' and found a scorpion fish.

Enough for now I'll be back in Feb. for more diving with Raul.

P.S. My last day diving I was Raul's only customer so he arranged for me to dive with Alison. ( I have been with her before) Alison and Raul help each other in situations like that. Very nice Lady and a pleasure to dive with her. She had divers who wanted to see sharks so Raul told her which site to go to and where on the site they would most likely be. Sure enough there were six of them.
I will try to find the video and post it.
Lou

[video]https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-ro1NmGcc6Sg/UMFhISdffVI/AAAAAAAAAlc/4XOSU8e0XvA/w497-h372-o/MVI_0624.AVI[/vid

Last edited:
Raul is definately one of the best. Super safety minded, and like you said an uncanny ablility to find things...particularly little things!!!

Love Raul! One of my two favorite DMs on Coz. Always great dives. He also is a lot of fun to talk with between dives. Very customer oriented.

PH

Ditto Lou on the good trip. Scott and Justine had a good time. Scott I think got in about 24 dives. Have look at the sea horses in my gallery from our trip. Raul sure knew where they are.

We are shooting for same dates in Feb so maybe we'll see you again. Say hi to Nancy (I'm just sayin').

Dale

We've dove with Raul many times and love every time. He's one of the best down there! We will be there next week for some diving and look forward to being with our favorite DM!

That would be great Dale. We both there 2-9 til 2-16 then I get to stay and dive until 22nd while Nancy goes back to work in the cold and snow back home. If I can figure out how to post a video on here I have a great one of a large EEL trying to eat my camera!
Lou

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom