Ratio iX3M

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

HeXx

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Hello.
So I just bought the DC in the title and I was wondering if any one has some info on this DC.
I bought as new but the DC came with 11 dives.
I can't seem to delete them.
Also some dives indicate a warning with exclamation mark and 0.
The manual states what those mean but 0 is not in the list.
I haven't been able to test it diving as here in Portugal we are on lockdown although i did a simulated dive at my living room table :D

Some photos of the actual beast.

Chears

Attachments

• 20210213_192818.jpg
    20210213_192818.jpg
    69.1 KB · Views: 105
  • 20210213_192825.jpg
    20210213_192825.jpg
    71.3 KB · Views: 102
  • received_175405130726789.jpeg
    received_175405130726789.jpeg
    63.9 KB · Views: 87
Generally dive computers don't allow dives to be 'deleted' Some allow them to be hidden.

Generally dive computers don't allow dives to be 'deleted' Some allow them to be hidden.
So what will happen when the memory is full?

How did you find out it had 11 dives already on it?

It shouldn't anyways, the only thing you may find is one test dive to 100 meters nothing else. It may have been a "return" from previous customer to the shop you bought it from. If it truly had 11 dives on it, I'd contact the seller of the computer and ask him about it. You should communicate immediately with Ratio computers to let them know and ask about the 11 dives issue. It just doesn't sound right.

I'm going to send them a message with Ratio in bcc

Did you buy it from a dive shop who is an authorized dealer for Ratio?

I would put Ratio in the cc not the Bcc, you have nothing to hide. I would communicate with Ratio directly at the same time and ask them about it. What were the depths for these 11 dives?

Did you buy it from a dive shop who is an authorized dealer for Ratio?

I would put Ratio in the cc not the Bcc, you have nothing to hide. I would communicate with Ratio directly at the same time and ask them about it. What were the depths for these 11 dives?
I have immediately received a response from ratio asking for the serial number.
They seem to be very quick in customer service.
Mostly shallow (30ish meters) some deeper (70) with mixes and 99 o2.

So what will happen when the memory is full?
It'll "wrap" around; early dives are deleted/overwritten with new dives.

The reason for not having a full 'delete' function -- as here where you won't be able to delete those 11 dives -- is for safety and maintenance of evidence. For example someone deleting a dive to obscure the truth from an inquest.

Ratio might be able to clear the memory if it's sent back to the factory.

Shearwater allows you to 'hide' dives, but they're still stored until overwritten. So if you sell a computer, you can hide your dives, but they're still there.

I have immediately received a response from ratio asking for the serial number.
They seem to be very quick in customer service.

Yes, they are pretty good. I own an iX3M myself. Let us know what they say please. This is very interesting to say the least.

Yes, they are pretty good. I own an iX3M myself. Let us know what they say please. This is very interesting to say the least.
Just a little background on my purchase.
I don't want to say what shop I bought from as to not make them look bad when perhaps the mistake could be mine even though I don't think so.
This computer goes for 899€ normally.
I bought for 599 at discount.
My main language is Portuguese but I understand English just as well.
I bought from a French store online with parts written in English and parts in French. But I am certain that the item was sold as new with 30% discount.

Let's wait for their response to see what happened.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom