rateyourdive.com - Feedback wanted! :)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

rateyourdive.com

Registered
Reaction score
Hey guys!
We just set up the website www.rateyourdive.com
It's an independent platform that allows beginners and experienced Divers to rate their Diving-Instructors and Guides. In the long term it is our aim to increase the quality and safety of your underwater experience.

We would love to hear what you think about it!

Cheers and may the air be with you! all! :wink:
Rick

My initial thoughts were it was just another duplication of what is out there but the focus seems narrow enough that it should work well for rating dive pros.
I didn't see how you plan to eliminate the fake reviews and how you plan to make money. Will it be advertising based? What verification measures do you have in place?

My initial thought is that if you are going to do this in English you should have a native English speaker edit it. It's pretty good as it is but it "feels" foreign.

Hey Master Blaster!
Thank you for your thoughts!
We are not planning to make money with it in the first place. I am an Instructor by myself and my idea was just to make scuba diving safer with it. Of course I will need money to obtain and maintain the Website later on. Maybe I will just ask for donations like wikipedia. I don't want advertisement or premium profiles on my site like others do.
So far we have an email address for review verification and a bot security in place. We will see how it goes and if necessary take further steps to keep it clear from fake reviews.
For dive-professionals it is only possible to create a profile by providing their professional ID and date of birth. With that information we are able to verify the person with the "dive pro search" of his or hers diving organization.

What do you mean by "it feels foreign"?
We do have a native speaker for the translation of our website texts.
Shortly there will also be an english explanation video spoken by a native speaker.

What do you mean by "it feels foreign"?
We do have a native speaker for the translation of our website texts.
Shortly there will also be an english explanation video spoken by a native speaker.
Some minor spelling and grammar mistakes like profil should be profile.
The feel is hard to explain. Did you ever speak to someone in your native language who was not speaking their native language? Even if they are perfectly fluent in the second language you can still tell they are not a native speaker. Like words that may be correct but not commonly used.

Back
Top Bottom