Votes: 6 66.7%
  • Florida Atlantic

Votes: 1 11.1%
  • Great Lakes

Votes: 1 11.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

none of that lot! Get out of your box and explore the world....

The best destination for what?

It all depends on your goals and expectations. Those are all great places to dive, but there are many other great locations as well. Don't limit yourself.

You should try getting a passport and see the rest of the world!

Beleive it or not there is life outside of the US or the Caribean, and the diving is a damn site better!

Damn, y'all are pretty harsh. The question was about a specific set of destinations. What do you think is the best out of those destinations. He never said that these were the best sites in the world.

Out of those choices, I am going to have to say Florida. Central Florida to be more specific. Central Florida Caves to be exact.

Like Clive said, get a passport, you wouldn't want to be the "Ugly American (Diver)" now...

If you are going to limit yourself and the poll to the US then at lest put the best part on the list, mid-Atlantic, North Carolina...

As for caves, look into the Mexican ones too.

...but of those mentioned I'll choose the Caribbean with S. Florida running neck and neck.

has clear water more often than S. Florida, has more species of fish, has more species of coral, has more diversity. Florida is easier to get to, and costs less, however I would contend that there is better diving in the Carribean. I live in the Great Lakes and have done many a wreck dive but personally I like the reef life allot more than the cold- no life, unless you like zebra mussels and gobies.

Dive Safe,
Caymaniac

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom