Rash Guard (Lycra)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

gldnrm01

Registered
Reaction score
In the summer down here in Florida i usually only need my swim suit and always wear a short sleeve rash guard. i'dl like to find something that my wife and i can match in. Full suit, stirrups, front zipper. Does anyone know of any websites that make these in a variety of colors...one problem is i'm big 6'4", 280 lb.s. My wife is only around 150 lb.s, 5'5".
Also, where can i find a good selection of short sleeve tops (lycra type) and my wife is the modest 2 piece swim suits. i don't know what they are called but are more similar to a pair of shorts and camisole/tank top??

The 2-piece swimsuits you describe are called Tankinis. Check out Land End at landsend.com. They have some cute and modest tankinis and other swimsuits. Many are aimed at heavier set women and designed to enhance and minimize as needed.

My wife is checking out the Lands End website and really likes the selections - a lot to choose from. Any ideas on Lycra/rash guard tops. i found a really cool place (small private company) that makes wet suits - liquidfit.com

gldnrm01,

Mares is introducing a collection of rashguards that coordinate with our new line of Wetsuits. Both Rashguards and Wetsuits are called Trilastic. You can go to http://www.mares.com/product_detail.php?id=110&region=ALL. This will lead you to the rashguard section. I am attaching pictures of the rashguards we are distributing in the US. The website shows a few models that can be only found in other countries. The rash guards are high quality. Flat lock stitch, 6 oz weight, 30+ SPF. There are a lot of options in the surfing industry, but since your on the scuba board I thought I'd throw in some scuba options.

Happy Shopping,

Those new Mares rashguards have been featured in the latest issues of Scubadiving and Sport Diver. They are very pretty and I'd give my right arm to get one!

i looked at the mares website but they only seem to go up to an XL in mens, just one color, too.
What's the difference between the rashguard and trilastic? Is the trilastic more of a tropical wet-suit for certain water temps? is it similar to a rashguard? Or how is trilastic different than regular wet-suit material?

gldnrm01,
You are correct the Rashguards only go up to XL in mens, although they are 6 oz lycra type material and should be form fitting. Now that you mention it XL may be a stretch, pardon the pun. I guess you would have to try it on do determine for sure.

As for the difference. Trilastic is the new "collection" from Mares of our super stretch wetsuit line. We are simply calling the rashguards trilastic, as they are a part of the collection. The wetsuits come in different thicknesses 5/4/3 and 7/5/3 as well as a hood attached vest 5/3. The way the pattern is cut w/ the different thickness in the appropriate panels you have an incredibly comfortable and flexible suit. The material is a very high grade "super stretch type" neoprene all over. You really have to see it and feel it to appreciate the suit. I hope this clears it up a little.

I found Ocean Pacific rash guards at Sam's Wholesale for less than $10 each!
I am 6'5" 260lbs and the xxl fits snug but it works fine.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom