Rare voit, red,white & blue protoype mask? For those who care to look.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Mike Lev

Contributor
Reaction score
I picked this mask up a little while ago. It is a Voit not the U.S.Divers Americana series that came out in 1973 and sold for a few years. This is mixed colors. A cool psychedelic 60's look for sure. This style in black from Voit is a model B6BK-S Viking swim mask. Sold 1966 to 1969 with this clamp type band. Earlier bands had the screw clamp.I asked Fred Roberts about it. He said he never heard of or saw one. No one I spoke with as ever seen one. Fred said Voit sometimes made promontional items in different colors. This came form the Milwaukee area. It is a very rare mask for my meager collection. I thought I should share it. I don't want to be labled a selfish horder or anything. Any clues or good facts feel free to let me know. Thanks Mike.

Last edited:
Nice find. I had a black Voit like that many years ago. I liked it.

Thanks. I think they had that model in blue in the 50's with the screw type band. I think it was used in the movie the Creature from the Black Lagoon. Or a model close to that.

Yeah. When I was eight years old, back in 1962, I traded three and a half books of trading stamps for a Voit swim set with fins, mask and snorkel made from a greenish blue rubber. The package had a picture of Lloyd Bridges on it. I used that set until I outgrew it.

Thanks , cool mask for sure . 001.jpg

I like your signature line, LLoyd.

I like your fins. I have the red,white blue Scubapro ones also and a pair of the blue rockets. Are the rocket fins new ones made today?I never saw the pink before.

Last edited:
Scubapro made Blue , Yellow , Pink Jetfins around 1995 . I was working in a dive centre and the coloured Jetfins were laughed at . They were a big bust back then . I bought Blue for myself and Pink for the wife as they were sold for half price , around 49 dollars back then .

So all the fins in photo are Scubapro , the red white blue ones are called surfins .

I am still in the hunt for an original pair of yellow jetfins , yes I admit it , I have a fin fetish .

There are some yellow Jet fins on ebay right now. But not cheap. They are starting at $76!

Last edited:
I picked this mask up a little while ago. It is a Voit not the U.S.Divers Americana series that came out in 1973 and sold for a few years. This is mixed colors. A cool psychedelic 60's look for sure. This style in black from Voit is a model B6BK-S Viking swim mask. Sold 1966 to 1969 with this clamp type band. Earlier bands had the screw clamp.I asked Fred Roberts about it. He said he never heard of or saw one. No one I spoke with as ever seen one. Fred said Voit sometimes made promontional items in different colors. This came form the Milwaukee area. It is a very rare mask for my meager collection. I thought I should share it. I don't want to be labled a selfish horder or anything. Any clues or good facts feel free to let me know. Thanks Mike.

Very interesting find, Mike. I've been collecting Voit gear since the 70s, and that is the first example that I have seen.

Greg

Back
Top Bottom