Rare US Divers mask

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I recently lost my favorite mask. It was a tri-frame mask with high volume, excellent vision and it conformed to my face well. Very retro looking. I've been looking for a replacement. The glass on it said US Divers. Anyone have ideas what mask it is? Here's some photos of it

2eb76sh.jpg

2vuj6oi.jpg

And here's the same mask on a Marine but in black

20fuds6.jpg

Yup definitely the U.S. Divers Hawaii 3. I have one and agree with the fit. It was an excellent mask I wish it had not been discontinued.

Jim

Both Tusa and SubGear sell similar 3 window square masks. Masks at LeisurePro

Just curious why you'd want a high volume mask?

Yes it appears to be the Hawaii 3 mask. Thanks for the help!

Normally I wouldn't go for a high volume mask but this one in particular had excellent vision and fit my face better than many other masks I had tried.

I suspect if you were to try the Atomic Frameless you would let go of your old clunker and quit cruising ebay for a replacement that is likely to be rotten neoprene.

N

I recently had the pleasure of renting this Hawaii 3 antique U.S Divers/aqualung mask in December of 2018. It was in Cancun Mexico with a very scetchy dive operation that I wish no one has to experience. The only good part was knowing that there was a mask that fits my big nose, prominent eyebrows and narrow temples. I searched Florida, Texas, and Louisiana over 15 brands and 48 different masks all tested to 15 ft at the dive shops test pool. The most identical fit for 2019 is the Aqualung Look 2. It is not a new mask now but was new to me and has had the best fit. Hope this helps! The addedplus to the look 2 is the added drop in lense feature that lets you adjust your lense to your vision or even add bifocal lenses.

Attachments

• 20181208_102928.jpg
    20181208_102928.jpg
    52.2 KB · Views: 90
  • 15570113817508431298506407954392.jpg
    15570113817508431298506407954392.jpg
    60.2 KB · Views: 171
The Aqualung Wraparound is a high volume mask that I enjoy wearing.

Wraparound

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom