Ranger Wing onto plate???

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

bythesea

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Hi,
I bought this wing which was supposed to be a heavy-duty version for the Ranger(LTD?) w/ 44# lift. The thing is it has three tri-glides sewn on and the fit to tank bands isn't perfect. I read in another post that there is a bolt kit to adapt this to a Zeagle plate. Does anybody have this type of wing mounted on a Zeagle plate and the ability to shoot a pic showing how it goes together normally. Iv'e tried a few positions and nothings quite right(to high) using the tank bands as anchor points. As you can see in the pic I've tried adapting it to make it sit lower but that has the inflator hose taking a hard bend over the plate. Also my apologies for the cruddy pick.
Thanks, Brad

Attachments

• Zeagle Wing.jpg
    Zeagle Wing.jpg
    33.4 KB · Views: 66
I used Zeagle wings with other plates for several years. You need to pick up a few additonal items at your local outdoor sporting goods store for the lower attachments. And the upper attachments need to be threaded thru the shoulder straps. This is a burden, but it can be done.

The middle cross straps of the Zeagle can be threaded through the middle slits in most plates, however some plates do not have these slits, and then you have a problem.

After several years of good service, my Zeagle wings finally wore out, and I have recently replaced them with Oxycheq wings. The Oxycheqs are perfect, and there are no issues with them. For steel twin-tank diving, a 50 lbs wings work well for me; for steel single tank diving in cold waters, a 40 lbs wing; and for alum single tank diving in warm waters, the 18 lb wing.

The triglides aren't used with the webbing like on a jacket. You have to buy the bolt kit from Zeagle or DIY from the local hardware. The bolt simply goes through the triglide and the plate.
Hope this link work. Look at the very bottom middle picture. If not try this one, go to the bottom of the page and click on the PDF link and look at the very bottom middle pic. I think the kit sells for $15.

Thanks everybody. I missed the PDF on the website,,,DOH! For now I'll just drill a few new holes as needed in my Jet Harness plate. Of course that Zeagle wing at Scubatoys might finally have the excuse it needs to be aquired, LOL.

You might keep your eyes open for a used Zeagle Ranger either here or on E-bay.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom