Ranger Stilletto mix

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

colder down

Reaction score
I dive in S. Cal. It took 22 P to drop me with 7mm suit and AL80. Well, I have no plan to do tech diving. So I think Ranger's 45P lift is an over kill for me. On the other side, I do plan to carry my BC to some warm place, maybe not often. So, I stole the idea from scubatoys guys. While I think Brigade is a great idea, I like a bit "tougher" bladder. So, I called the folks at scubatoys and asked them if I can use Ranger with Stilletto's bladder. They are just as nice as usual and tell me it can be done.:14:

So here comes the question. I never use Zeagle before even though I heard a lot of good things here. Is there enough benefit to do this mix or I should just stick with Ranger or Brigade? BTW, if zeagle use this idea to have a new product, can I have another one for free? :coffee: Am I the fisrt one ever come up this "idea"?

I think it would be a personal preference. 45lbs is a lot of lift and a big bladder. If you are ok with diving it and packing it then so be it. I have a Ranger bladder and could see where some might say it is too big to travel. I dive a Brigade and have traveled with it, no problems. Personally the "tougher" issue isn't really an issue.

I doubt that you are the first to do this.

In the early days of the Stiletto developement we considered every conceivable possibilty of combinations of the Ranger, Escape & Scout components.

The key element for the Stiletto was the 1000 denier cordura bladder, and ultimately the lighter harness was best to make it a great travel BC as well as a tough single tank rig.

For a colder water diver the Ranger harness with a Stiletto 35# or the new Stiletto 44# bladder are both fine combinations.

Chad

Chad Carney:
In the early days of the Stiletto development we considered every conceivable possibility of combinations of the Ranger, Escape & Scout components.

The key element for Stiletto was the 1000 denier cordura bladder, and ultimately the lighter harness was best to make it a great travel BC as well as tough single tank rig.

Chad
Chad,
I have an Escape and really like it for travel and it's seems good enough for local diving here in New England. Did you go with the Stiletto because there was a problem with the lighter weight bladder or did you feel that the thicker weight had more appeal. I don't hear much about the Escape these days.
Thanks

Chad
Do you know what is the part number for Stilletto's bladder? I can not find it on zeagle website or scubatoys web site. My guess is either 7034 or 7016B

The Escape is a fine BC, but we wanted the Stiletto to be really rugged so it was built with all cordura materials. It got started as a spearfishing BC.

The air cells for BCs are not in the price list I have. It's best to have your dealer contact the factory, where they can look them up in the computer. There are 3 sizes that fit the Stiletto and also others almost just like them that fit the BPs.

Chad

colder down:
Chad
Do you know what is the part number for Stilletto's bladder? I can not find it on zeagle website or scubatoys web site. My guess is either 7034 or 7016B

Part # 7030HD

I think Chad cleared up most of the other questions!!

Thanks,

Scott

Thanks, folks.

I ordered this mix and flathead 6 etc. from scubatoys.com on Sat. I will be one of many Zeagle users. Can't wait.

I have a Scout and love it for travel. My husband has a Ranger and wanted something lighter for travel so he ordered a Stilleto. Long story short, he stuck with the Ranger since the Stilleto was only just a little over a pound lighter and wasn't all that much more compact. (www.scubaboard.com/showthread.php?t=162223) He's decided that in his size all his gear is gonna take up space so for only about a pound he may as well stick with what he really likes.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom