Ranger model/year question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

pepperbelly

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
A couple of years ago I bought a used Ranger from a dive shop up in the Northeast- I bought it online.
It is in very good shape and has served me well- but it is also my first bcd. I started diving back in the early '70s before they were in use and took a break from diving in the mid to late '80s until about 2 years ago. I am pretty well up to speed but things like a bcd are fairly new to me so bear with me if my questions seem dumb.

I can't find the thread I was reading yesterday but someone mentioned being able to tell an approximate date range of a Ranger by the tab and number/type of d-rings.
My tab is rubber and there is a single metal d-ring on each shoulder strap.
Is it possible to tell about how old it is?

There are straps with buckles on each side of the wing. Are they supposed to be kept buckled when diving?

edited to add: The patch inside has a date- Oct '96. Is that the date it was made?
The reason I ask is that my brother has one also but the material on mine seems softer- his is pretty stiff.

Thanks,
Jim

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom