Ranger harness on Escape?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

KO-Texas

Registered
Reaction score
Can the Ranger shoulder section (Part Number 7968C) be used on an older Zeagle Escape? (with ripcord weight dump)

The Escape shoulder section is removable. Just need to know if the Ranger harness will fit? If I replace- I like the more heavy duty Ranger straps and stainless D rings.

Replacing the shoulder section is much cheaper than buying a whole BC. I know Scuba Toys has the Brigade, but that will cost 4x more and I don't need 2 BC's.

Thanks,
KO

FYI- to all
Ranger upper on Escape BC will NOT work.
Just found out from Scott @ Zeagle that the Ranger has 2" buckles where the Escape has the 1 1/2". He said the Stiletto upper will fit.

KO

Your spam protector kicked my email to you back earlier,
But yes, the shoulder is interchangable
You may also change size if it will give you a better fit.
You will also gain the cross chest strap.
Gene

If it were mine and I wanted the ranger upper, I'd change the buckles. You might have to do that anyway since there is no guarantee that the brand or style of buckle hasn't changed. If I wanted to put new ranger shoulders on my older model ranger, I'd even have to move the location of the lower straps on the cummerbund. A good shoe or harness repair shop should be able to take care of it easily.

I have decided to just dive with the Escape as is for now.
Unless I find a SUPER deal on a Ranger or Brigade?
(until I decide if I want to drink the kool-aid :wink:).

I wanted the thicker/wider shoulder pads and stainless D rings the Ranger offers. The D rings aren't that big of deal since I don't want to clip on too much anyways. I've already learned to despise "things that dangle" !

I do like the wider shoulder harness though. I may see if the shoulder pads will work? ?

KO

If it were mine and I wanted the ranger upper, I'd change the buckles. You might have to do that anyway since there is no guarantee that the brand or style of buckle hasn't changed. If I wanted to put new ranger shoulders on my older model ranger, I'd even have to move the location of the lower straps on the cummerbund. A good shoe or harness repair shop should be able to take care of it easily.

Last edited:
Thanks for confusing everything, Captain!!

:)

If Joe Diver walked into a dive shop and ordered a set of Ranger shoulders for his Escape (or Stiletto) BC, they wouldn't work, unless maybe they happen to order a size SM or XS.

That's the bottom line.

However, if Joe ordered a Stiletto shoulder to put on his old Escape BC they would fit.

Now, because we have a sewing factory, of course we could whip up something custom, but then you are talking about special ordering and probably some sort of up charge.

I hope that helps to clear up the issue!! :)

Scott

I am NOT Joe Diver nor have I ever played him in a TV series :cool2: but I am the original poster.

I was looking for an inexpensive way to upgrade my older Escape BC to the Ranger harness.

Thanks to both Scott & Capt.Gene. It can be done, but will have to be custom and probably beyond the expense I am willing to pay to modify an older BC.

I'll just dive the Escape (which I really like btw) and upgrade to a new bc or BP/W later down the road.

Publicly!!!! Thank you Scott for the emails, concise information, and genuine concern for the customer! :D:D

Thanks for confusing everything, Captain!!

:)

If Joe Diver walked into a dive shop and ordered a set of Ranger shoulders for his Escape (or Stiletto) BC, they wouldn't work, unless maybe they happen to order a size SM or XS.

That's the bottom line.

However, if Joe ordered a Stiletto shoulder to put on his old Escape BC they would fit.

Now, because we have a sewing factory, of course we could whip up something custom, but then you are talking about special ordering and probably some sort of up charge.

I hope that helps to clear up the issue!! :)

Scott

Back
Top Bottom