Ranger comparison to the Ranger LTD

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

LowDrag

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I have been looking at the Ranger BC for my next BC. I tried an LTD but have not been able to figure out the difference between the two. I know the LTD has more weight capacity in the back pockets but other than that what is the difference?

Thanks for any info...

The LTD includes the zip-on accessory system so you can add their Zip-Mount optional accessories. It's simply 1/2 of the zipper sewn into the underside of each side of the wing near your body. I have one and the Accessory pockets - I carry a soft skirt mask in one so it's protected by the wing..

The front pockets on a Ranger are harder to access with a tank on when standing - the weight pulls them taut so they're better for small things, I carry a light and defog in mine.

You can also add it to a regular Ranger with their adaptor kit.

LTD also has a top right pull dump which I don't think is included on the standard Ranger.

I think there's also more d-rings included. And maybe the lumbar pad is included instead of optional? Although my buddy has one on his Ranger and doesn't recall paying extra for it.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom