RAJA AMPAT

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ppina

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hi All

I am planning my trip in March. Do you suggest a resort in particular?

I am thinking of staying at Papua Explorers.

I am travelling alone but net and phone connections are needed.

your better of on a liveaboard!!!! Aggressor

There are different choices to stay at raja ampat. I recommend you to stay on the land and sail to dive ppina. Enjoy the great beaches of Raja Ampat :)
BTW great pictures on your flickr profile. You look like a professional !

We loved Papua Explorers, found it very good value, plenty of diving opportunities, great sites. I'm sure a liveaboard can get you further afield to other areas (Misool), but we saw a lot of the LOB boats at or around the same sites we were diving day in, day out. You can forget about 100% reliable internet or telephone connections anywhere in RA, however - the WiFi mostly worked, except when it didn't, and it was pretty slow.

I would certainly do Papua Explorers again. As a value proposition compared to, say, Kri Eco (which is one island further down, more or less), it's quite a bit nicer based on comparing notes with friends who went there - hot private showers, nicer bungalows for about the same price.

resorts are good choices above, i think I'd opt for Kri personally as I heard only good things about them. But I prefer liveaboards so I'm going on Damai Dua - they have internet but as mentioned the coverage is limited and not great for file uploads and so on - come join me!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom