Raja Ampat What is the best resort?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Whaack

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hi, have interest in Diving Raja Ampat and would like any info on your favourite resort and or live aboard. I f possible could you also mention prices. Thanks Brian.

That's a brilliant resource, BUT for homestays only - not resorts.

To the OP: you need to give more information about what you are looking for so people can help you. Basics include: price range you will to pay, location (Misool, Dampier ?), is AC in the room required, any other particular requests etc etc

I have stayed at Agusta Eco Resort three times (but have no affiliation/interest). I checked out a few other places, but this would be my preference. Great location in the middle of Dampier Strait, they go to all famous northern spots between Blue Magic, Cape Kri, Pam, the Passage, etc. Marco also goes to a lot of unknown spots that are on a similar level but w/o the crowds. No usable house reef, though, and fairly strong currents just off the beach. Boats are functional if not the height of comfort. Arrange for them to pick you up in Sorong; the ferry to Wasai and shorter passage on to Agusta is not for the faint of heart. The resort is comfortable, I found the food better than in other places. A few imperfections go with the territory. I would look into a week on Agusta and a week on a liveaboard for Misool/South if it doesn‘t break your budget. Best diving I‘ve done anywhere, and I‘ve been around a bit.
Let’s hope we will all get through the Corona crisis safe and sound!

Back
Top Bottom