Trip Report RAJA AMPAT: MERIDIAN ADVENTURE SCUBA DIVING RESORT

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Laval

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
After a 10-day scuba diving trip from Ambon through the Banda Sea, Seram Sea and the Misool, we disembarked in Waisai, where we continued our vacation by staying at Meridian Adventure Scuba Dive Resort for seven days in November 2022. Our package included 5 days of diving (2 dives/day).

In summary, I would recommend this resort if your liveaboard trip starts from or ends at Waisai. So, you may choose to spend a few days at this resort before or after your trip, but not as a dive destination to spend your vacation at. Below are a few more details.

The resort is quite good. Rooms are fairly small, but comfortable and have everything that is needed. There is a fair size swimming pool. All staff at the resort and diving operation are super nice and very helpful, always offering any assistance you may need.

Restaurant is quite good as well. Chef is very creative and does a very good job, considering the limited supply of groceries. At the same time, vegetarians and vegans will have a problem selecting something to eat at this restaurant. Breakfast is included in the package. The restaurant staff has very limited English, so be very specific about your orders.

Diving operation is very well organized. They have several high speed boats, which look very cool. These boats, however, have a big design flow: their top tanks are not designed to be properly secured. On one of our trips in rough sea, one of the top tanks fell down and luckily landed just between two divers. If it has landed 6-12 inches one way or another it could have resulted in a big tragedy. So, keep this in mind when the sea is rough.

The resort is fairly far from most dive sites, and even though they have speed boats, it is still too far to my liking. I would prefer staying somewhere in the area of Kri Island.

Below are a few pictures of the resort and a link to my video Back to Raja Ampat, all footage of which was taken during a stay at this resort.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Resort.jpg
Pool & Restaurant.jpg
Restaurant Patio.jpg
Boat 2.jpg

Back
Top Bottom