Raja Ampat/Bali condition in February

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Bubbles below

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I'm thinking of going back to Indonesia this year. I have dove Bali twice in Oct-Dec season. I did Tulamben, Nusa Penida, Manta Point, and Komodo. My dive group is doing Bali for 2 weeks and staying in Amed. I was thinking of doing Raja Ampat liveaboard and meeting them the second week. But, isn't it Rainy season in Bali that time, Feb 18-March 3. Do you think I should just do Raja Ampat live aboard and a land base diving in Raja for two weeks?

Conditions in RA should be perfect then as you know. I have been in Bali in mid to late February for the last two years and have had perfect conditions above and below water. I am going again in 2019. There can be an hour or sos rain during the day time and sometimes at night. But , in my experience, this in no way stops anything topside or underwater.

Bali is of course cheaper and not as awesome as RA , if you have the budget stay in RA. But if you want to keep some cash for the next trip go to Bali.

Just my humble opinion !

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom